Monday, February 3, 2014

Keep on Sewin'

I was able to spend the last two weeks working on some more projects.

Last Thursday I took another class at My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe - this time it was for The Beatle Bag by Abby Lane Quilts.


I had the fabric in my stash (yay for stash!) - it's from the Max and Whiskers line by Basic Grey. I picked it up during a shop hop a few years ago to make an apron, but it made a great bag!
This is the second class project I've been able to finish within the week of taking the class - yay me!



After I finished this bag last Saturday, I really a should have started in on the next quilt on my UFO list, but I wanted to do something quick and new, so I pulled out an apron kit I won when I took the Sew She Did class from Lori Holt a few years ago. The pattern is the One Yard Apron, and the fabric is from her Sew Cherry line. I decided to use some double ruffle ribbon that I bought in a grab bag from The Ribbon Retreat (purchased during another shop hop almost two years ago).


I've wanted an apron to use when I long-arm ever since I bought my machine, and this fits the bill perfectly.


And since I was on a roll, I also pulled out the cute tomato pin cushion kit Lori gave each of us during that same class.

It feels great to get some of these older projects finished!  THEN I worked on my Valentine's Day Mystery quilt. I'm up to the boarders and I hope to finish it up next weekend.



This weekend I finished my Be My Valentine Bench Pillow by Kimberbell.  Now we'll see how long it takes for the kitties to chew off those bows!  LOL
Now on to the stitching front....



Last week I was able to quickly finish my Bent Creek Snowglobe Mantel by sewing on the beads.

And last night I finished up my Country Cottage Needleworks Forest Snowfall!  That's two WIPs off my list.


And here's another gratuitous kitty picture featuring my almost-ever-present stitching buddy, Elspeth! :)



Speaking of cats...  I needed to add my final quilt from my Great Grandma to my glass chest - it's been in storage in the basement, and I was just able to find it last week and wash it.  This is our Wedding Quilt and it's hand appliqued and hand quilted.  It joins my childhood scrap quilt and my mother's quilt.  Sometime I should take all three out and photograph them.







As soon as I put it on the floor to fold it up, Korben jumped on.  As soon as we got him off, Elspeth and Elora jumped on, then Triana joined them!  Cats LOVE quilts!  LOL  I finally got it folded up and in the chest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your work, the sewing and stitching ♥♥♥♥

Loraine said...

Woohoo! You are still on a great roll with all of your projects.
I love your finishes, and darling bag and apron. Your pincushion is adorable as well.
Thanks for the wool to finish up my Halloween witch. There was plenty to share with Julie who also is making her. Thank you! We need to send you some money!
You are such a dear. I hope that we can get together soon. Until then, thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

As stated by Stanford Medical, It is really the ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh 19 kilos lighter than we do.

(Just so you know, it has totally NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING around "how" they eat.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

Tap on this link to discover if this little quiz can help you decipher your real weight loss possibilities