Monday, January 13, 2014

Quilt UFO Club

My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe is hosting a UFO Club this year, and I of course had to join. The sign up sheet had room for 9 UFO's and I easily filled it up!

Here is the list I turned in Saturday:

1 - Snowman Mystery (Let it Snow) - dates back to December 2011 - needed quilting, binding and embellishments - finished Sunday, January 12th!!




2 - Valentine Mystery (Let Me Call You Tweetheart) - dates back to January 2012 - needs kits 3 and 4 finished, boarders, quilting, binding, embellishments


3 - Spring Mystery (One Sweet Spring) - dates back to March 2012 - needs appliques sewn down on kit 3, kits 4 and 5 finished, blocks sewn together, boarders, quilting, binding, embellishments


4 - 4th of July Mystery (Sweet Land of Liberty) - dates back to May 2012 - needs blocks sewn together, boarders, quilting, binding embellishments


5 - Summer Mystery (One Splendid Summer) - dates back to summer 2013 - not started - in fact, I had completely forgotten I had this one!  But I'm counting it as a UFO because I should have kept up with this mystery quilt while it was going on!



6 - Halloween Mystery (Home is Where the Haunt Is) - dates back to August 2011 - this was the first mystery quilt the Shoppe offered, and the first quilt I ever started!  Needs back pieced (this is the only one with a pieced back) quilting, binding and embellishments



7 - Thanksgiving Mystery (In All Things Give Thanks) - dates back to October 2012 - again, this one isn't even started yet



8 - Christmas Mystery (Tis the Season to Be Giving) - dates back to November 2011- needs top/bottom boarders, quilting, binding, embellishments



9 - Quilting 101 Throw - dates back to Fall 2011 - this was from a class I took at the Shoppe and was quilted by our instructor.  Needs trimming and binding. It's bigger than I remembered!



My plan is to get these done as the holidays/seasons come up. If I miss one, I'll move to the next quilt and go back later. 

So, my first success - my Snowman quilt is finished and actually ON THE WALL!!

I took Friday off and got the quilting done and binding attached




Saturday I turned and hand sewed the binding down and Sunday I put on the embellishments and hung it up!  I'm tickled pink to have one of my mystery quilts done, and I really hope I can keep the momentum up to finish the rest!


A special note about the quilting design I used in the outer boarder - it's from the Free Motion Quilting Project and is called Tangle of Lights.  I thought it looked like snowflakes and I love it in the boarder!  


Next up - the Valentine quilt!

No comments: