Sunday, January 27, 2008

Now that it's almost the end of the month... LOL

I guess it's time for me to update my blog! Between my jobs and getting the flu right after the new year, I haven't had the opportunity. Time just goes by WAY too quickly!!

I forgot to share a picture of what I stitched for my second Christmas exchange, which was received by Lois in Ireland on Christmas Eve (talk about just in time! LOL) I stitched her two ornaments by Plum Pudding Needleart from their Holiday Samplings chart. I used Crescent Colors Belle Soie in Collard Greens and Cranberry - I LOVE these silks!


And I never shared a picture of my main Christmas tree - which, by the way, is still up - LOL I think it's time for me to get a third tree - it's a little overloaded with ornaments!

I've been working on goodies for a Valentine exchange, so I can't show pictures yet of that, but I've been trying out some new things and I hope my partner likes them.

Oh, and that reminds me, I finished another Elongated Brick scarf . This one is in Moda Dea Dream Lavender and is for Jodi.



And something I'm really excited about, I finished Part 1 of the new Papplion Creations 2008 Mystery Sampler How Does Your Garden Grow. You can get the pattern by signing up for the newsletter and the Photo Gallery has a bunch of beautiful WIP pics! Hopefully mine will be added soon :) I'm using 32 ct Sugar Maple "Muffin" and my threads are Kaalund Yarns Guava and Wisteria, Thread Gatherer Silk n' Colors Nan's Mullberry and Forest of Greens, Caron Waterlilies Amethyst, Antique Brass and Lemon Meringue (I added the yellow for the center of all the flowers). The beads are Mill Hill 553. I had SO much fun stitching this - those flowers are addictive and I can't wait for part 2!


I thought I'd also share a pic of Minuet snuggling on my childhood quilt. She was on the recliner with me while I was stitching. This quilt was made by my Great Grandmother and was always on my bed as a child - the fabrics are from the late 60's and/or early 70's and very funky - LOL - I was thrilled to find this quilt while was cleaning out my mother's house after she died - I hadn't seen it in years, and now I get to snuggle under it every evening while I stitch.

Well, I'm hoping to get another update posted sooner than last time - maybe if I do it more often, it won't take so long! LOL

1 comment:

Einschies blog said...

Rachel, I just like it to see christmas things again;-)) Well, for me it could be christmas over the whole year;-)

Gaby