Monday, March 17, 2014

March WIPocalypse Update



The last month has been good to me!  I went to a retreat last weekend and was able to get some finishes in and get some things out of my UFO pile.

So, here are the things that weren't officially on my list that I knocked out at the retreat.

Victoria Sampler Beyond Cross Stitch Blackwork Ornament, Plum Pudding Needleart bird ornament from Holiday Samplings, and Shepherd's Bush Warm Heart

I also picked up two smaller samplers to work on at the retreat:

Forget-Me-Nots in Stitches Ohio Sampler Bookmark
Remember the Ladies Dutch Sampler by Thistle Threads

And here's Dutch Sampler finished!  I just put the final stitch in it Saturday night!



Next up is Family Sampler - final stitches put in Sunday morning!!  I hope to get this framed and up on the wall by our anniversary next month.  I already have a place picked out for it. 




For the rest if the "official list" no progress on my Liz Turner Diehl 17th Century English Stuart Garden, Drawn Thread Sanctuary, or Blackbird Designs Easter Parade.  The only progress I've made on my Prairie Moon Thine is the Trick and the Treat is to join a SAL with my good friend Loraine - we're going to work on this Friday nights.  I didn't do any stitching last Friday, so I'll start this next Friday. 

I'm also going to start working on a class piece every Sunday (my own version of Sunday School -LOL). The piece I'll start with is Betsy Morgan's Toy Chest Etui.  I'm missing part of the kit, but I have what I need to start back up with some of the stitching.  I'm sure by the time I finish all this stitching, I'll find the rest of the kit!


I was able to get some good progress on the Amish Dolls yesterday, and here is where I ended last night - I finished the girl and got more than half the boy done. I really need to find the rest of the kit because it contains the perle cotton I need for outlining. 



The last thing I started doing at the beginning of March was carrying a little kit in my purse to work on while waiting places. This is the snowman block from Blue Ribbon Designs Winter White Woodland.  I got a fair amount done during time I would otherwise be playing on my phone. I hope to get one ornament a month by doing this.


The topic for this month is:  Show us your favorite places to stitch.


I love to stitch where ever I can (except in a moving car - motion sickness!), but here is my favorite - my "nest" in the living room.  The little flannel rag quilt I made is for any fur-babies who want to lay with me.  I have a fireplace to my left and the TV in front - it's a very comfortable stitching spot!

Here's Odette laying on the quilt next to Mommy!


7 comments:

Jan said...

Congrats on all the finishes! The family sampler looks so nice I can't wait to see it framed. Odette looks so comfy... Stitched with love and cat hair... comes to mind. [LOL]

Anonymous said...

you have a beautiful blog, love your stitching, totally in love with the Amish dolls.

SoCal Debbie said...

Wow! Congratulations on 3, 4, 5 finishes! The Dutch Sampler is so pretty! I hope you find all the pieces you need for the ettui box and the Amish dolls.

Your stitching spot looks so comfy! I'm thinking of moving to the other side of the couch and moving my light to the left instead of right, but the dog might get confused if he has to sit on the other side! LOL

Marcy said...

Great stitching! Congrats on all the finishes.

Heather said...

That's a lot of work finished this month! Congratulations!

Scrapbrat1 said...

I am a huge sampler fan so your work really appeals to me. I love everything you are working on! Those dolls are just amazing.

Cm28015 said...

Great finishes. I love the family sampler.