Saturday, June 30, 2007

Pulled Out an Old WIP!

Last year (about this time, I think) Jennifer and I decided to order the Mirabilia
Halloween Fairy
kits and do a SAL on Friday nights. We did pretty well sticking with it, but neither of of got CLOSE to finishing it for Halloween. Last week we decided to start the SAL up again, and here's my progress after last night's session. I decided to substitute the kit fabric for a Sugar Maple fabric called Boo. I love how it looks so far, but I'm dreading the face - I just hate stitching faces - but I really want to just get it over with and move on, so that's what I'll try to do next Friday night. I also substituted the floss for the skin - the Bella Rosa that came with the kit was just way to pink - so I'm using Cobbled Peach. I would REALLY like to do all of these lovely Fairies - all on different colored hand-dyed fabric - but I've promised myself that I won't buy another one until I get this one finished. That should be pretty good motivation - LOL

Last year Jodi joined in the SAL, so maybe I can persuade her to start up with us again and I'll post her progress here.

No comments: