Friday, July 20, 2007

Whew! What a week, but WHAT a mail day!

I am pretty glad it's Friday, but I'll be even more glad when it's Saturday afternoon! It's been a busy week at work with deadlines, plus I had three after hours work-related events. I am NOT a shmooser - I'm really bad a talking to people I don't know and I had over 6 hours of that this week! It wears me out! LOL

So besides that, what has really made this week busy is that I'm going in with my boss and another co-worker on a garage sale tomorrow. I've spent every evening this week going through stuff (mostly craft stuff!) for the sale. So far I've got 8 boxes and 6 grocery bags full of books and kits and fabric and magazines and... you get the idea! LOL I'm going to try to get through some more stuff tonight, but I'm also going to treat myself to at least an hour of stitching on my Halloween Fairy for Friday Fairy night. If the sale goes well, we might have another one towards the end of summer and that will give me the opportunity to hopefully purge even more.

So with all that on my mind, I was thrilled to come home to a mail box literally overflowing!

The first package I opened was from Veronica. She made me an adorable peacock key chain! She actually made if for me twice! The first time she sent it in a regular envelope with a card and it ripped through and fell out on the way - all that was left was the ring and a tiny piece of the plastic, so it must have gotten crushed. This time it came in a well padded envelope marked DO NOT BEND! I collect peacocks, so this is very welcome!

The next package was from Jodi, who sent me YARN! She sent three more skins of that yummy Yarn Bee Featherwisp in Creamsickle so I can make a wrap, and three skeins of Yarn Bee Mosaic Twist in Fresco which I think would make a great Halloween scarf! She also sent another vampire book for me to read - this one's called Undead and Unwed by Mary Janice Davidson. She picks great books and luckily she passes them on to me when she's done! The rest of what she sent is for a birthday present ;)

The final package was from the Swan Sampler Stitchers. It was their annual Christmas ornament designed by Elizabeth Talledo of Dames of the Needle/Finger Work. I hope to get this stitched for this Christmas - it's so pretty! I also received a present from the annual Christmas in July party, which was a Pin Wheelie by Olde Colonial Designs. I haven't seen this design yet, so I was pretty excited!

So thanks to Veronica, Jodi and the Swans for making my day!! Now I'd better go see what else I can put in the garage sale, then hopefully get some stitching in!

No comments: